Desde USD 300
+5 Opciones adicionales
The thought of dipping below the surface at night seems mysterious, yet so alluring. Although you’ve been scuba diving at a site many times before, at night you drop into a whole new world and watch it come to life under the glow of your dive light. The scene changes as day creatures retire and nocturnal organisms emerge. If you’ve wondered what happens underwater after the sun goes down, sign up for the PADI Night Diver Specialty course.
PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers or higher, who are at least 12 years old, can enroll in the Night Diver specialty course.
What will you learn?
Scuba diving at night teaches you to focus on what you can see in your light’s beam, on controlling your buoyancy by feel, on staying with your buddy and on paying attention to details you may overlook during the day. During three night dives, you’ll practice:
- Light handling and communication techniques.
- Entering, exiting and navigating in the dark.
- Identifying how plants and animals differ or change behavior at night.
What scuba gear will you use?
Along with your basic scuba equipment, you’ll need a primary dive light and want to have a backup light, too. Your PADI Instructor or local dive center staff may suggest other equipment options, such as wearing more exposure protection to stay comfortable after dark.
What you will do?
During the theoretical class and open water sessions you will:
- Learn about dive lights and night diving equipment
- Learn about entries, exits and navigation at night
- Learn about nocturnal aquatic life
- Learn communication and light handling
How long will it take?
This course consists of orientation and three open water dives. Usually it’s done on two or three nights.
What’s included in the price?
- theory class
- 3 open water dives
- all necessary air, weights and lights.
Not included but available as an add-on purchase:
- 50% discounted scuba diving gear rent
- PADI Night Diver manual (recommended, English version only)
When booked together with any other PADI Speciality course scuba diving gear rental is free for both courses.
This course counts towards your PADI Master Scuba Diver qualification!